Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fuel stand alone 1 (Why piggy back!?)

Why I finished buying ECUMASTER DET3? My project essence is to acquire ability to control injection time and fuel dose. To accomplish this it was required to to do one of following:
  • To do stand alone system
  • To CHIP manufacturer ECU TRIONIC 5.5
  • Use piggy back
First is too complicated in relation with money and time. Second is a lot cheaper, but not made by myself completely. Actually there is way to do it by myself (http://trionic.mobixs.eu/), but still more time consuming, maybe in future I will try this, as there is some drawbacks of piggy back.
So I choosed third, because of price and time for installation, as it is already installed I can say it took 3-4 evening after work to accomplish.
Now I can modify:
  • ignition angle
  • fuel dose as DET3 controls injectors directly
  • turbine charging pressure through map to map conversion, manufacturer ECU thinks it is in normal range and does waste gate work

As TRIONIC 5.5 ECU check its devices after ignition switched off, and I am doing map to map conversion, I had to make DET3 work as long as checks are on making signal from manufacturer MAP sensor alive as long as checks are on, otherwise ECU raises MAP sensor fault and works in LIMP mode. As solution I used relay witch turns DET3 power supply on then MAP sensor gets its power supply 5V.

Todo list:
-solve the problem with noisy CPS signal and DET3 going in cranking mode just after ignitions turns on
-map fuel map and corrections to make engine run smoothly on 100% E85
-modify MAP sensor signal output to make more boost, standard 0.73 with third and upper gears

    No comments:

    Post a Comment